Ingredients for Making Puff Pastry from Potato
- Butter (or baking margarine) 200 gr.
- Premium wheat flour 350 gr.
- Chicken eggs 2-3 pcs.
- Salt pinch
- Potato 450 gr.
- Paprika (sweet) 1 teaspoon
- Sesame or caraway seeds to taste
- Main Ingredients Potato
- Serving 4 servings
Inventory:Baking tray, Casserole, Parchment paper, Food wrap, Cookie cutters, Bowl, Whisk, Shredder, Serving dish
Cooking puff pastry from potatoes:
Step 1: Cooking mashed potatoes.The first step is to peel and wash the potatoes well. Then we cut it into arbitrary cubes and send it to the pan. We put it on medium heat and salt a little. Finish potatoes in mashed potatoes and cool at room temperature.
Step 2: Cook the potato dough.We get the butter in advance from the refrigerator. Once the puree has cooled, add oil, one egg and one yolk, flour and paprika, and a little more salt to it. Knead a soft, elastic dough, which is then covered with cling film and sent to the refrigerator at least for half an hour.
Step 3: Cook the puff pastries from the potatoes.Set the oven to heat. 180 degrees. The rest of the dough is divided by 12 pieces, each of which is then rolled into a thin layer. We put all the layers on top of each other (that is, we got 12 layers), and then we finally roll them into one layer with a thickness of about 7 mm. From this puff pastry we cut out cookies using special molds. In a bowl, whisk the remaining protein with a whisk. Take a baking sheet, cover it with parchment paper and lay out cookies. Grease the protein on top and sprinkle with sesame seeds. We are going to bake in the oven for about for 15-20 minutes.
Step 4: Serve the puff pastry from the potato.Cool the finished cookies and transfer to a serving dish. Make aromatic tea or coffee and invite the household to feast on. Enjoy your meal!
- - It is best to use a special baking margarine for making dough.
- - If you do not have special cookie cutters, you can cut it out with a glass.
- - You can also grease a baking sheet with a piece of butter and sprinkle lightly with flour.
- - Add paprika to the dough is not necessary. This is my personal initiative.
- - Boiled potatoes can be finely grated, not crushed.