Ingredients for Making Homemade Lemonade
- Water (pure, still) 1,5 l
- Oranges 4 pcs.
- Lemon 1 pc.
- Sugar 1 cup
- Ginger root 2-3 cm
- Mint leaves for decoration
- Main Ingredients: Orange, Lemon, Sugar
Inventory:Knife, Scraper for dishes, Cutting board, Grater, Glass, Gauze, Stove, Paper napkins, Saucepan, Spoon or culinary spatula, Jar or bottle (2-3 l), Plate, Serving glasses
Making homemade lemonade:
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients.Rinse oranges, lemon and ginger root with running water, and it is advisable to scrape citrus fruits with a hard scraper to remove the wax coating that is sometimes applied in stores to make the fruit shine better. And now, in order - we grate the ginger root on the smallest grater and put the chopped ginger on a plate. Oranges and lemon must be carefully peeled with a sharp knife. But do not rush to throw away the peel - it will come in handy for us, we will cut it into thin strips - the zest will give the lemonade an amazing aroma of fresh fruit. From the remaining pulp, squeeze the juice - either with the help of a juicer, or strong male hands. We wash the mint leaves, shake or dry with paper towels and remove before serving.
Step 2: Cook homemade lemonade.In a deep saucepan (with a capacity of at least 2 liters), spread the citrus zest, chopped ginger root and sugar. Fill everything with clean cold water, and send the pan to the stove. Turn on slow fire, and bring the lemonade to a boil. As soon as the lemonade boils, remove the pan from the heat and cover it with a lid. Now it remains to wait for the drink to cool to room temperature. Put a pot in the refrigerator not necessary!
Step 3: Cook and cool homemade lemonade.When the lemonade has cooled to room temperature, it must be filtered to get rid of the remnants of the zest and ginger root. Fold the cheesecloth 2 times and filter the lemonade through it from the pan into a clean jar or bottle. Add juice - orange and lemon to lemonade, and mix with a tablespoon or a culinary spatula. so that they dissolve faster. Put the bottle of lemonade in the refrigerator to cool. This will take about 1.5 hours. Focus on your preferred temperature - and if the lemonade has not cooled to the temperature you need, leave it in the refrigerator for a while.
Step 4: Serve the finished homemade lemonade.When the lemonade has cooled, we take a bottle out of the refrigerator and pour it into tall glasses. Glasses are decorated with clean mint leaves and serve lemonade to the table! Its pleasant and refreshing taste will surely please your guests. You can add a few ice cubes to the glasses so that the lemonade does not heat up so quickly. Such a delicious drink is perfect for children's parties, as it contains only natural ingredients! Enjoy your meal!
- - You can decorate serving glasses not with mint leaves, but with slices of orange. Make a sugar edge as well, first wetting the edges of the glass and then lowering it into sugar.
- - The amount of sugar depends on the sweetness of the oranges, so first taste them, and if they are sour, adjust the taste of the future lemonade by adding more sugar.
- - You can make homemade lemonade from other ingredients. If you do not like ginger, you can remove this ingredient.
- - Lemon zest is a powerful antibacterial agent, so homemade non-cold lemonade is a good remedy for colds, sore throats and other diseases of the throat.