Ingredients for making tilapia fillet in pastry
- Tilapia fillet (fresh-frozen or chilled), without skin and pits 600 grams;
- Citric acid 1/2 teaspoon;
- Vegetable oil (for dough) 12 grams;
- Vegetable oil (for marinade) 20 grams;
- Parsley (greens) 30 grams;
- Ground salt and pepper to taste;
- Vegetable oil for frying (a few tablespoons, to taste);
- Lemon 1 piece (optional);
- Premium wheat flour 250 grams;
- Water or milk (any fat content, 20-30 C) 250 grams;
- Chicken egg 6 pieces.
- Main ingredients
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineCanadian Cuisine
Inventory:Knife ;, Cutting board ;, Bowl ;, Fork ;, Frying pan ;, Sieve (for sifting flour) ;, Shovel (for turning fried fish).
Preparation of tilapia fillet in dough:
Step 1: Cut the tilapia fillet.Thawed fillet of fresh, chilled or freshly frozen tilapia cut into small pieces or sticks arbitrary forms (for example: 5x2 cm, 3x1 cm.).
Step 2: Prepare the marinade for tilapia.
Step 3: Mix the flour, milk, vegetable oil.In the flour carefully sifted through a sieve, add a little warm milk (20-30C), stir everything with a spoon (or blender).
Step 4: Separate the yolks from the proteins.Dividing the yolks of the proteins, beat the yolks with salt. Add the mixture to the dough and mix it thoroughly. Beat whites separately. Important! Egg whites must be added to the test immediately before frying the fish. Its consistency should resemble a thick texture. sour cream, after a 15-minute infusion (this is necessary in order for gluten to “come up”).
Step 5: Preheat the pan and fry the tilapia.In a frying pan heated with medium heat, put the slices of pickled tilapia with a fork, which was previously dipped in the dough. Fry fish (over medium heat) on one side, then turn over and fry on the other. The readiness of the dish can be judged by the formation of a slightly crispy crust and a characteristic aroma. Usually, the preparation time for the pieces takes 6-8 minutes (3-4 minutes for frying on one side), in your case this time can be reduced or increased - it all depends on the size of the pieces. Large pieces are fried longer, miniature - respectively faster.
Step 6: Serve the tilapia fillet in the dough.Serve "Tilapia fillet in pastry" in a plate, arrange with a slice of lemon and a sprig of fresh parsley. This dish has an excellent taste, both hot and cold. Thanks to a crisp and tender meat, children, men (as an appetizer), women - for low-calorie adore fish. Be sure to try it! Enjoy your meal!
- - A lemon slice is recommended to decorate any dishes where products with a characteristic smell are present: meat, fish, etc. After biting off a slice of lemon, you can feel the freshness in your mouth. This fruit is not necessary to eat, it can be just an original decoration;
- - Serving such a treat as "Tilapia fillet in pastry" is possible both separately and with a side dish of fresh and stewed vegetables, rice, potatoes;
- - In principle, the tilapia fillet in the recipe can be replaced with any other ingredient (boneless fish).