Ingredients for the preparation of Lachanorizo
- White cabbage 500-800 gamma.
- Onions 1 piece.
- Carrots 1-3 pieces.
- Tomato juice 100 ml.
- Rice (round) 100 grams.
- Olive oil (or butter) 100 ml
- Parsley (greens) a couple of branches.
- Salt to taste.
- Black pepper (peas) a couple of peas.
- Coriander (in grains or ground) to taste.
- Chili pepper (optional) to taste.
- Green onions 2-3 pieces.
- Main Ingredients Cabbage, Onion, Carrot
- Serving 4-6
- World CuisineGreek Cuisine
Inventory:Sharp knife, Wooden or plastic chopping board, Paper towels, Kitchen stove, Large frying pan with non-stick coating, Wooden or metal spatula for turning, Bowl for chopped onions, Bowl for chopped carrots, Lid for frying pan, Large wooden spoon for stirring, Potato peeler or peeler, large bowl for slaw, serving platter
Step 1: take the cabbage.We carefully examine the head of white cabbage for damage, places of decay and damaged sheets. We clean it from damaged sheets, cut off damaged places, wash it under running water and pat it with paper towels to remove moisture. Then on a cutting board we cut it into several parts, so that it is convenient to chop. With a sharp knife, chop the cabbage and put it in a large bowl.
Step 2: chop the onions and carrots.Peel the onion with a knife from the husk, wash it under cold running water, dip it with paper towels and cut into large cubes on a cutting board. Then we take carrots, peel it with a knife or a potato peel from the skin, wash it and cut it into thin circles on a cutting board. Adjust the amount of carrots to your liking. I took 1 a large carrot.
Step 3: pass the onions and carrots.
Step 4: stew green varnish and cabbage.We take a small bunch of green onions, wash them under running water, pat them with paper towels, cut off the dry tips from the feathers (if any) and cut it into rings on a cutting board. Already chopped green onions add to the pan to onions and carrots. 3-5 minutes we pass them all together. Do not forget to constantly stir with a wooden spatula to turn over so that our ingredients do not burn. Add chopped cabbage to the pan and continue to fry everything already over high heat. Everything should be constantly stirred. Fry until caramelized cabbage, i.e. approximately 10 minutes, plus - minus. Everything will depend on the degree of fire.
Step 5: add tomato juice and simmer rice.
Step 6: serve lahanorizo.When the rice is ready, leave the pan off the heat and let the dish stand alone 10-15 minutes. In the meantime, take the greens, wash, get wet from excess moisture and finely chop on a cutting board. Then transfer the finished lachanorizo to a serving dish and sprinkle chopped greens on top. The dish is ready - you can serve it on the table. Enjoy your meal!
- - You can add chili pepper only with the consent of your household, it is advisable to add it - freshly ground and directly into the serving plate itself. - Smoked ribs (or slices of bacon) are great for this dish. You can also serve this dish not during Lent, but as a side dish for something smoked or fried.
- - You can not add carrots to the dish. Without it, his taste will change a little, but it will look a little different. - if you serve it on a lean table, you can cut slices of lemon and decorate this dish with them. - in addition, this dish is equally good both in hot form and in cold.