Ingredients for Mashed Feta
- Young potato 500 grams.
- Garlic 2 cloves.
- Feta cheese 100 grams.
- Low-fat yogurt 60 ml.
- Oregano seasoning 1 tablespoon.
- Lemon juice 1 tablespoon.
- Salt or iodized 0.3 teaspoon.
- Ground black pepper 0.3 teaspoon.
- Butter 1 tablespoon.
- Main ingredients: Potato, Cheese, Butter
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Potato pan, Potato peeler, Stirring spoon, Kitchen stove, Onion frying pan, Special mixing bowls, Serving serving plates
Feta puree preparation:
Step 1: let's prepare the potatoes for cooking.To begin with, thoroughly wash and peel the potato from the peel. Do not forget to cut out all the defects in the potato. Cut it, preferably in small pieces, so that it can boil faster. Rinse the already peeled and chopped potatoes with water and then put in the pan. Fill with water and set to boil. Also, salt and season to taste. If you want some speck, you can add a little garlic. Cook potatoes minutes 20-25 over low heat, after the water in the pan boils.
Step 2: prepare the mixture with feta cheese.Take a separate bowl or a deep plate and in turn lay out there such ingredients as: unsweetened yogurt, butter, feta cheese, lemon juice, and also do not forget to add oregano. After all these components are on the plate, start mixing them.
Step 3: serve the mash with feta.And so, the potatoes have already been cooked, now we need to mash. It is not difficult, because, after cooking, it becomes very soft. Got it? Now put the mashed potatoes on a plate and pour on top the mixture that we have already made from feta cheese. You can decorate the dish with greens a little and crush with finely chopped and previously slightly fried pepper! Our dish is absolutely ready. Enjoy your meal!
- - The dish is best served as the main one, that is, for lunch or dinner. It is a lot of calories and therefore it is undesirable to start a day with it, that is, have breakfast.
- - Serve the dish only when hot. And to warm it, for example, in a microwave oven, will be inappropriate. So it will lose its attractive appearance and some taste.
- - It goes well with red dry wines, as well as sour compotes.
- - never store this dish in the refrigerator, because because of the freezing the cheese terribly spoils the taste of potatoes.