Ingredients for making tender chicken liver pate
- Chicken liver 1 kilogram
- Butter 170 grams
- Refined vegetable oil (for frying) 50 milliliters
- Carrot 1 piece (large)
- Onions 2 pieces (medium)
- Cognac 50 milliliters (2-3 tablespoons)
- Sugar 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Parsley for decoration (fresh) 2-3 branches
- Ground nutmeg, a quarter teaspoon or to taste
- Main ingredientsLiver, Onion, Carrot, Butter
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Deep bowl, Cutting board - 2 pieces, Knife - 2 pieces, Grater - 2 pieces, Deep plate - 2 pieces, Paper kitchen towels, Stove, Frying pan, Kitchen spatula, Kitchen towel, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Salad bowl, Plastic wrap , Refrigerator
Preparation of tender chicken liver pate:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.In order not to run around the kitchen in search of ingredients, put vegetable and butter, sugar, salt, and also black pepper on the kitchen table. Now take care of pre-thawed or fresh chicken liver, place it in a deep bowl and rinse thoroughly under running water from blood clots. Then, in turn, lay the pieces of the liver on a cutting board and make sure that each of them does not have a gall bladder, it contains a bitter mass that can give an unpleasant aftertaste to the finished dish. Gall bladder very small, greenish tint, if you find such on a chicken liver, very carefully cut them with a knife trying not to damage the integrity, so that the liquid does not leak. Prepare the stewed liver and place the rest of the water back in the bowl before draining the container. Peel onions and carrots, rinse under running water and pat dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture. After laying the onion on a cutting board, cut into a medium cube with an approximate diameter up to 1 centimeter and put it in a deep plate. Grate the carrots on a coarse grater in another, deep plate. Rinse parsley branches under running water, shake above the sink from excess moisture and lay on a plate.
Step 2: stew the vegetables.Turn the stove on to a medium level and place a pan with the right amount of vegetable oil on it. When the fat is warm, throw the chopped onion into it and fry it for 10 - 12 minutes until a light golden hue, stirring with a kitchen spatula. After, add chopped carrots to the pan and simmer the vegetables together for another 8 to 10 minutes until the carrots are soft. When stewing, do not forget to mix the ingredients with a spatula to prevent them from burning to the bottom of the pan.
Step 3: stew the vegetables with the liver.When the vegetables have reached the desired softness and color, add chicken liver to them. Stew the ingredients, stirring with a kitchen spatula until the liver becomes a light, almost grayish color. This process will take you approximately 20 minutes, at this stage of stewing, the main thing is not to dry the chicken liver. Therefore, every 5 minutes, chop offal offal slices with a spatula. As soon as the liver is cut, it changes color from a pink to a gray tint, remove the pan from the stove, helping yourself with a kitchen towel. Add salt, black pepper, sugar, nutmeg to taste and mix thoroughly with a tablespoon. After letting it cool down a bit, that's enough 10 minutes.
Step 4: bring the paste to full readiness.Now decide with which kitchen appliance you will grind the stewed ingredients, this recipe uses an electric meat grinder, but for this process you can use a blender or even an ordinary manual meat grinder. Turn on the electric meat grinder at medium speed and use it to grind the whole liver and stewed vegetables. Try the mass to taste and, if necessary, add more spices and salt. Then pour into an almost ready paste 50 grams brandy is about 2 to 3 tablespoons, add the melted butter and mix the paste with a table thigh until a homogeneous consistency. Place the paste in a deep salad bowl and let cool completely to room temperature. After stealing the aromatic mass with sprigs of parsley and serve. If you wish, you can tighten the salad bowl with plastic wrap, and let the paste stand in the refrigerator 1 - 2 hoursso that it becomes thicker.
Step 5: serve the delicate chicken liver pate.Gentle chicken liver pate is served cold or at room temperature. After cooking, the aromatic mass is allowed to infuse in the refrigerator or served, immediately laid in a salad bowl. Delicate paste can be used for filling boiled chicken eggs, for making sandwiches, pizza, rolls and many other dishes. This dish will look great on any table, whether it is festive or everyday. Chicken liver pate is especially good with salted crackers and can serve as a great buffet dinner. Cook with pleasure and enjoy! Enjoy your meal!
- - Do not salt the liver during the quenching, it will bind offal tissue and this will make the liver stiff.
- - In order for the paste to be stored longer, it is better to put it in any glass previously sterilized container, close it with a sealed lid and put it in the refrigerator, in this form your product will be stored for 2 weeks. After this time, it is advisable not to use the paste!
- - The spices indicated in this recipe are not essential, you can use any other spices and herbs that you like that are suitable for meat or offal dishes.
- - Why is brandy added to chicken liver pate? This process is called flaming and is very often used in cooking by professional chefs. The meat dish is poured with alcohol or high-quality aperitifs such as vodka, cognac, brandy and set on fire. During this process, alcohol burns out, giving the dish a peculiar aftertaste and aroma, but without the appropriate skills it is not advisable to do this, you risk burning the kitchen! You can use light flambing for the paste, just pour a strong aperitif into the finished product, it will give the dish spicy notes and beat off the taste of blood.
- - Do not forget that for raw vegetables and offal must be separate cutting boards and knives!