Ingredients for making Viennese Cherry Pie
For the test
- Flour 300 grams
- 2 eggs
- Sugar 150 grams
- Butter 180 grams
- Milk 80 milliliters
- Cherry 2 cups or to taste
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
For the top layer of the pie
- Flour 150 grams
- Butter 120 grams
- Sugar 100 grams
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Icing sugar for decoration
- Main ingredients: Cherry, Butter, Flour
- Serving 8 servings
- World cuisineAustrian cuisine
Inventory:Oven, Mixer, Blender, Bakeware, Kitchen brush, Strainer, Plates, Paper kitchen towels, Zest grater, Colander, Kitchen mitts, Serving dish
Cooking Viennese Cherry Pie:
Step 1: prepare the dough.First, we wash the chicken eggs under running water from various kinds of contaminants. Then sift into a deep plate 300 grams of flour. Do not skip this step, as in the process of sifting the flour component gets rid of lumps, is saturated with oxygen and the baking subsequently turns out to be more magnificent and tasty. Add the baking powder to the flour and mix the loose ingredients together. Next, we take out the butter from the refrigerator and leave it on the table, acquire room temperature. After that, we transfer the already softened butter and sugar into the mixer bowl. And we begin to mix the components to a creamy state. Then, without stopping mixing, add one egg to the bowl, and then the second. And only then, gradually pour the flour with baking powder. Next, add milk and beat the dough into a homogeneous mass.
Step 2: prepare the cherry.
Step 3: prepare the top layer.
Step 4: make a cake.Lubricate the bottom and edges of the baking dish with a kitchen brush using a mixture of flour and oil of vegetable or animal origin. Then put the dough in the form, level it with a tablespoon and lay the cherry on top. Next, sprinkle it with sugar crumbs from butter and flour.
Step 5: bake a Viennese cherry pie.We put the cake pan in the oven preheated to 175 - 180 degrees Celsius. And bake about 50 - 60 minutes until ready. During baking, the surface of the cake will bubble slightly and become crispy. We take out the finished cake from the oven, helping ourselves with kitchen tacks. And leave it for now in the container to cool to room temperature.
Step 6: serve Viennese cherry pie.Before serving, carefully separate the edges of the cake from the mold with a sharp knife and remove the pastries into a beautiful serving dish. Using a teaspoon or a special small sieve, sprinkle the surface with powdered sugar. We make fresh fragrant tea or coffee. And you can invite everyone to the table, taste the delicious Viennese pie with cherries. Enjoy your meal!
- - Vanilla extract or vanilla sugar can be added to the dough for a stronger flavor. And also the zest of one lemon.
- - Instead of the zest of lemon, you can use the zest of orange or grapefruit.
- - Instead of cherries, you can use grapes or even jam.
- - In addition to fresh berries, you can use frozen. Only before you put the berries on the dough, they must be thawed. And best of all, do it in the fridge.
- - If you have baking paper, then you can cover it with a baking dish. And it is better to use a form with removable sides.