Ingredients for making meat dumplings
- Kefir 1 cup
- Baking soda 1/3 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Chicken egg 2 pieces
- Sifted wheat flour 2 cups
- Dried dill 1 teaspoon
- Ground cumin to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley 1 bunch (small)
- Vegetable oil (for cooking) 2 tablespoons
- Pork meat (tenderloin) 500 grams
- Carrots 2-3 pieces (medium)
- Onion 2 pieces (large)
- Parsley 1 bunch (small)
- Tomato paste 1-2 tablespoons
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Water 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main ingredients: Pork, Eggs, Flour
- Serving 5 servings
- World cuisine Romanian cuisine
Inventory:Knife - 2 pieces, Cutting board - 2 pieces, Paper kitchen towels, Glass (capacity 250 milliliters), Coarse grater, Deep plate - 4 pieces, Bowl, Stove, Frying pan with lid, Kitchen spatula, Deep pan, Fork, Tablespoon, Small bowl, Teaspoon, Colander, Large flat dish
Cooking dumplings with meat:
Step 1: prepare vegetables and herbs.
Using a sharp kitchen knife for cutting vegetables, peel the onions and carrots. After we wash them under cold running water along with parsley. Shake greens over the sink, and dry the vegetables with paper kitchen towels, thus getting rid of excess moisture. Then, in turn, we put everything on a cutting board and chop, onion into a cube with a diameter of up to 1 centimeter, rub the carrots on a coarse grater, and finely chop the parsley. We lay out the slices in separate deep plates.
Step 2: prepare the meat.
We wash the pork tenderloin under cold running water from blood and any other contaminants, dry it with paper kitchen towels, put it on a cutting board and clean the meat from the hymen and small bones that could remain on the pork after chopping. Then using a knife for slicing meat, cut the pork into slices with a diameter from 2 to 2.5 centimeters and shift the slices into a bowl.
Step 3: prepare the meat dressing.
Now turn on the stove to a strong level and put on it a frying pan with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. When the fat warms up, we put pieces of meat in it and fry them until golden brown, stirring with a kitchen spatula, this process will take about from 15 to 20 minutes. First, the pork will change color from a red tint to a gray tint and only after that it will begin to fry. When the meat is covered with a blush, add the onion to it and simmer them together 2 - 3 minutes to easy transparency of the vegetable.
After we introduce carrots, tomato paste into the pan, 1 a glass of pure distilled water, half chopped parsley, salt and black pepper to taste. We mix all the components of the dressing with a kitchen spatula and bring the liquid to a boil. After boiling, we fasten the temperature of the plate to a level between small and medium. We cover the pan with a lid so that a small gap remains, and simmer the dressing for 40 - 50 minutes until complete evaporation of moisture and complete readiness of the meat.
Step 4: prepare the dough.
In 15 minutes until the meat is completely ready, turn on the adjacent burner on the stove to a strong level and put a deep pan half full with ordinary running water. While the liquid is boiling, we take a deep plate and drive into it two eggs without shells, add the necessary amount of baking soda, kefir, salt, dried dill, ground cumin, ground black pepper and the remaining chopped fresh parsley to them. Beat everything with a fork until splendid for 1 - 2 minutes.
After that, we add the necessary amount of sifted wheat flour into the resulting mass, while kneading a dough of medium density. Mix everything so that the dough is homogeneous without flour lumps. On its preparation will leave no more 3 to 4 minutes.
Step 5: cook the dumplings.
When the water in the pan boils, add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to the container and taste the salt, not forgetting that it is already in the dough and now the main thing is not to salt the flour products. In a separate small bowl we collect a little cold running water, moisten a teaspoon in it, use it to collect the dough and lower it into boiling water. In the same way we put in the hot water all the other portions.
Cook dumplings for 3 - 5 minutes until fully prepared, their texture should be soft, delicate, but at the same time slightly elastic. When the dumplings are welded, they will rise to the surface of the water, it's time to bring the dish to full readiness.
Remove the pan from the stove and pour its contents into a colander. Leave the dumplings on 2 to 3 minutes in order to glass excess water. And during this time, remove the lid from the pan, increase the temperature under it to an average level and evaporate the remaining moisture from the dressing, it will not take much time 1 - 2 minutes. Then we turn off the stove and act as desired, for example, put the meat on a large flat dish and put dumplings on top of it with a slide, or vice versa, it all depends on your desire.
Step 6: serve the meat dumplings.
Meat dumplings are served hot as a second main course for lunch or dinner. In addition to this dish, you can offer sour cream or homemade cream. Also, if desired, you can sprinkle each serving of dumplings with fresh finely chopped dill, parsley, basil, cilantro or green onion. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- At will, the dumpling for dumplings can only be kneaded on eggs without kefir, but in this case, instead of 2 chicken eggs, use 5-6 pieces.
- If desired, the number of spices can be limited to a minimum by adding only black ground pepper and salt to the dough and dressing.
- Dumplings can be cooked in a thick and very oily broth, and then serve it, in a separate deep bowl, after sprinkling with finely chopped greens.
- The preparation time for dressing can be reduced by 2 times if you first boil the meat and then stew it with onions, carrots, tomato, salt and spices without adding water. This filling takes 15 to 18 minutes.
- Instead of pork, you can use any other kind of meat, such as beef, chicken or turkey meat. But do not forget that it takes different time to extinguish them, beef and turkey meat will be stewed for about 1 hour, chicken no more than 30 - 40 minutes, depending on the selected part of the chicken.
- Instead of tomato paste, you can use fresh tomatoes crushed in a blender to a homogeneous liquid mass.