Ingredients for Making Beef Ribs
- Beef Ribs 800 grams
- Fresh champignon mushrooms 400 grams
- Onions medium size 1-2 pieces
- Medium-sized garlic 3-4 cloves
- Dry red wine 300 milliliters
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Meat broth 100 milliliters
- Olive oil 40 milliliters
- Wheat flour 1 tablespoon
- Main ingredients: Beef, Mushrooms
- Serving 4 servings
Bowl - 3 pieces, Tablespoon, Kitchen paper towel, Cutting board, Knife, Plate - 3 pieces, Frying pan, Kitchen stove, Wooden spoon, Baking dish, Lid, Kitchen gloves, Oven, Deep dish for serving
Cooking beef ribs:
Step 1: prepare the mixture of spices.
Pour flour into a separate small bowl and add salt and ground black pepper. Using a tablespoon, mix them well together.
Step 2: prepare the beef ribs.
We wash the beef ribs under warm running water, and then transfer them to a paper towel and dry well from the water. After we shift to a cutting board and with the help of a kitchen knife, carefully clean from the hymen and veins. Now we cut the beef ribs using the same sharp inventory into portioned pieces, separating each rib so that there remains a bone covered with meat. Then roll or manually rub the meat well on all sides with a mixture of spices and transfer them to a free bowl. Attention: if your ribs are frozen, then before you cut them into portioned slices, they must be thawed to room temperature. Meat must not be thawed in the microwave or in hot water.
Step 3: prepare the onion.
Using a sharp knife, peel the onion from the husk, and then rinse well under running water. After that, we transfer it to a cutting board and, using a kitchen knife, grind it into small squares. Transfer the chopped onion into a free bowl.
Step 4: prepare the mushrooms.
We wash the champignons under running water and transfer them to a cutting board. Using a kitchen knife, cut into small pieces, and then transfer them to a clean plate. Attention: if your mushrooms are freshly frozen, then they must be thawed to room temperature. To do this, remove the mushrooms from the package and transfer them to a free plate, let them thaw. They do not need to be thawed under a hot stream of water or with a microwave.
Step 5: prepare the garlic.
We shift the garlic cloves onto a cutting board and, pressing on them with the handle of a knife, remove the husk. Then, using the same kitchen tools, finely chop them, and then transfer them to a bowl of chopped onion in a bowl.
Step 6: Prepare Thyme
Since thyme has not only a strong smell, but also a sharp bitter taste, it’s enough to use our preparation 2-3 branches this spice. We wash the branches of fresh thyme under running water and, shaking off the water, transfer to a free plate.
Step 7: prepare the beef ribs.
Pour olive oil into the pan. We put the container on medium heat. When the oil warms up well, transfer the ribs from the bowl to the pan. So that they are well cooked on all sides, we spread them in the container portionwise and so that there is little space between them. Fry the meat until golden brown, periodically stirring it with a wooden spatula. Then, using the same kitchen tools, we put the ribs in a baking dish. Attention: Such a form must be necessarily with a lid, therefore, I propose to cook our dish in a casserole or bowl.
In the remaining oil after frying the ribs, shift the chopped onions and garlic. Stew vegetables on low heat until the vegetables become clear and soft. So that they do not burn during frying, constantly mix them with a wooden spatula. After that, we transfer the mushroom pieces into the same container. And again, stirring the wooden spatulas, we continue to extinguish them over medium heat for 10-15 minutes. When all the liquid that was in the mushrooms evaporates from the pan and they begin to brown, pour in the wine and meat broth. Bring the resulting mass to a boil, and then simmer until the smell of alcohol disappears. Slightly salt and pepper our gravy a little more, and then pour it onto beef ribs. On top of the vegetable gravy, spread the thyme sprigs.
Cover the baking dish with a lid and put in a preheated oven to a temperature 180 ° C. We bake our dish at this temperature for 1 hour. Then fasten the oven to a temperature 150 ° C and prepare the ribs for another 2 hours. After this time, we turn off the oven, and we take out the container with our dish using kitchen oven gloves from the oven. Open the lid of the baking dish and carefully using a tablespoon we take out thyme sprigs from it. Instead, if desired, the dish can be sprinkled with chopped parsley, as this component also gives a pleasant aroma. Our surprisingly delicate and aromatic dish is ready.
Step 8: serve the beef ribs.
We shift the beef ribs along with the aromatic gravy into a deep dish and set it on the table. On top of our dish, you can decorate with leaves of fresh thyme or chopped parsley or dill. The perfect side dish for our dish is mashed potatoes.
- Instead of meat broth with wine, you can add purified water.
- Fry ribs and vegetable ingredients not only in olive oil, but also in other vegetable oil.
- In addition to the suggested spices in the recipe, you can add other spices or seasonings to the dish that go well with meat, such as basil.
- In addition to specials, ribs can be grated with chopped walnuts and nutmeg.
- Of course, it is best to cook the ribs in a baking dish with a lid and with vegetable sauce. But if you want to cook them on the grill in the oven and without gravy, then bake them better in the sleeve. If you are unsure of your oven and know that the meat opened on the baking sheet is too dry, then the ribs can be put in foil. Do not cover the ribs with foil only when baking. This will affect the end result.
- If you bake the ribs in the sleeve without vegetable sauce, then put the oranges sliced in circles on top of the meat. Orange juice gives ribs not only a citrus smell, but also a delicate juicy taste.