Ingredients for Squid Soup
- Squid (large carcass, peeled) 1 pc. (400-500 gr.)
- Potatoes 2-3 pcs.
- Carrot (medium) 1 pc.
- Onions 1pc.
- Water - 1-1.5 liters to taste
- Parsley (fresh) 1 bunch
- Dill (fresh) 1 bunch
- Bay leaf to taste
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil (for frying vegetables). taste
- Main ingredients
- Serving 4 servings
Inventory:Saucepan, Cutting board, Kitchen knife, Bowl, Frying pan, Serving dish
Cooking Squid Soup:
Step 1: Prepare the squid.We take a saucepan, pour about one liter of water into it and set it on a fire. At this time, while the water is boiling, we take the squid and rinse it. I immediately bought a peeled squid, so that I don’t waste time at home cleaning it. When the water boils, we add salt to it a little and lower our "clean" squid into it and cook it for three minutes, no more. Then we take out the squid, cool it in cold water, and only then cut it into half rings.
Step 2: Getting Started with Squid SoupWe leave the squid water on the fire for a while, and again let it boil. At this point, we quickly peel the potatoes, wash them and cut them into small cubes. As soon as the water boils, immediately lower our chopped potatoes into it and leave it to boil. While boiling potatoes, we can prepare the frying of onions and carrots. First we put the pan on the fire to warm up, after pouring vegetable oil into it. At this time, we peel and wash the carrots and onions. Chop the onion very finely and spread it into a frying pan. Carrots can either be cut into small strips, or grated (as you prefer). And after the onions we send the carrots to fry. When the potatoes are almost ready, we can dip the carrots with onions and bay leaves into the pan. Cook it for about five minutes. Then our soup needs a little - a little salt and pepper. Add cooled and sliced squid, bring to a boil and remove from heat.
Step 3: Serve the squid soup.Before serving the soup, finely chop the greens and sprinkle the soup with it. Enjoy your meal!
- - The soup is low-calorie and suitable for those who are on a diet.
- - In addition to potatoes, you can also add rice to the soup, about 4 tablespoons. Rice is added immediately after boiling potatoes.
- - You can also add cream cheese to the soup, but this is not for everybody. And then the soup will lose its lightness and low calorie content.
- - Squids can not be added to the soup, but serve them right before dinner: put the squids on a plate, fill with soup and sprinkle with herbs.